Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello 2015!

     Happy New Year!  I am so glad that 2014 is over with.  I can't even begin to express the happiness that I feel for that.   
     2014 started off on a high note with finding out that we were pregnant!  Trust me it was a huge surprise for us. Tony and I went down to Miami for the graphics arts convention. It was a nice getaway without the kids but I wasn't feeling well the entire time.  Of course we thought it was the flu because I was taking my birth control religiously each day.   So finding out we had another one on the way when we weren't prepared for it, threw us for a loop.  With me already dealing with post partum, I didn't take the news very well.  I took it out on those closest to me which wasn't fair to them. 
     In March, I started having pains and contractions so Tony rushed me to the hospital. Turns out the baby was fine but I have gallstones which is what was causing the pain.  I have difficult pregnancies to begin with, so that just made it worse. 
     In April, Tony's mother went into the hospital suddenly.  She was there almost a month and almost died on us a few times. Talk about stressful. When they finally found out what it was, it was not only a relief but devastating at the same time.  She was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer.  Meanwhile she had no insurance at all Nd they were fighting to give her Medicaid. 
     In May,  Tony's work slowed down so the large purchase we made was really screwing with our finances. We lost both our washer and dryer in one month and had to purchase new ones. The money we were saving up for my maternity leave was going to his mother for her chemo treatment. And besides the immense amount of pain I was in, the anxiety attacks started with a vengeance. 
     In June and July, Tony did a shitload of traveling which left me home with the kids by myself a lot. He started getting job offers from other states during the next few months. 
     In August, I was in and out of the hospital constantly with the gall bladder attacks and the brackson hicks. 
     In September, my doctor decided to put me on leave and retire all in one sitting. Meanwhile I was fighting with my insurance company for them to pay me. 
     In October, after finding my new doctor and going to the first appointment I was told that we would be having the little girl 3 weeks sooner than we thought.  On 10/10/14 we had little Lea Grace. 
     In November, we made the decision that we need to move because we found out that Tony's job was going to be over with in December.  We had Thanksgiving at his mothers house and found out that she was in remission. The bad news, his grandmother found out that she has stage 4 breast cancer and his 2 year old cousin has stage 4 leukemia.  Oh and due to financial issues I have to go back to work 4 weeks early. 
     In December, we were worrying about how we were going to pay for Christmas and I went back to work on 12/4. Tony's grandmother has a single mastectomy and his cousin is still getting worse day by day. Tony was able to get his bonus and in the breath was told that he would be laid off moving forward.  We bought Christmas and hosted the annual family dinner at our house.  The day after Christmas, the crud spreads through the house. 
     This brings us to 2015.   Hello 2015, May you bring us a much easier life and better opportunities for our family. We will go wherever that takes us, even if it is thousands of miles away from home. Lord knows that we have struggled enough for a lifetime and we deserve to be happy and enjoy and much less stressful life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment