Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 11 - It's How Many Points!!!!

So yesterday started out great!!!!!

Even my snack was right on point. It's Friday so we always do dinner out on Friday night.  So the plan was to head over to Applebee's because the have the WW menu with points. And I save 21 points for dinner and that was just the daily allowance. Then the plan was to come home and walk on the dreadmill and wrap some gifts then bed....that was the PLAN. Plan being the keyword. 

Then we headed to go get little princess from Nana's. We sat and talked for awhile and when we got up to leave his mom says, "wait you need the turkey and stuffing to take to grandmas!"  That's when it went all downhill.  I told Tony lets go to Aunt Penny's and she can give it to grandma before Christmas for dinner. We can go over after dinner. He says let's call her and see what they are doing for dinner. And my heart sank (sort of). I love going over there and visiting because just don't see them enough anymore. But I also knew that that meant one thing...pizza. I already had pizza twice this week and I was very hungry. So I asked Tony to stop at McDonalds and I ordered a grilled chicken snack wrap (6 pts) so I wouldn't be starving. I also order a Super Supreme pizza thinking with all the veggies it would be the better choice...

Well with the amount of people we were feeding I bought large pizzas, meat lovers, pepperoni's lovers, and super supreme. Then there was wings and bread sticks. Oh and a 2 lite of Mountain Dew aka my kryptonite. Turns out that a slice of pan super supreme pizza is 10 points a piece and I had 2 slices. I also had 4 wings bc that was the serving size and 2 glasses of Mountain Dew. There was sweet tea there but I figured with all the sugar in the instant tea the soda would be a little better. I don't know where that logic came from considering there was a faucet right there. Well after 2 slices of pizza and 4 wings later this is where I ended up. 

Definatly not my shining moment. By the time we got home it was midnight and I was in bed so I could be half way awake for work tomorrow. 

How do you handle other family member dinners when they have different eating habits than you do?  Better yet when you are working hard to change your eating habits, and your husband and kids have different habits that they are unwilling to change, how do you handle that. Mind you they don't have terrible eating habits at all but they also have metabolisms that can out run a gazelle I think. It's frustrating because all I hear is that I need to have willpower and be able to be around these things and still eat right.  That is so frustrating to hear over and over and over and over again. 


2 comments:

  1. unfortunately, lots of people in your life are going to have different eating habits than you. you can't let that be an excuse. you are responsible for what YOU eat, not what others eat. if you want to make the change, you have to be the one who says no, i can't have this, so i'll do XX instead. as far as christmas goes, don't use the excuse of "it'll offend my grandmother" either. no. it won't. her life will go on just as yours will. she should respect and cheer on your want to live a healthier life, and taking it into your own hands. it's food. food is not something to be offended about. if you can't have the willpower around those foods, you've already lost. you need to stop being around those foods if at this point you can't say no. by putting it in your temptation, you are asking for failure. you have to decide what is more important to you. 10 minutes of good tasting food, or your health. only you can make that choice, but you can't keep making excuses about your schedule or what others are eating. if it's something you want, you MAKE it happen. i know you can do it. you just have to commit for real, and not half assed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And half assed is how ice been going about this all my life. You are completely right. It's no ones choice but my own. I own this and no matter how hard it is. I have to commit to it

    ReplyDelete