Monday, December 16, 2013

I've Never Set A Goal!

After having the difficult discussion with my husband, I realized that I never gave myself a deadline and goal...EVER.  I just went in head first without a plan or goal.  So what I have been given is a goal and a deadline - 3/15/14 - goal weight - >210 lbs.  That goal is very doable if I put my mind to it. I need to get serious and push towards that goal. 

So the first step?  I pulled out my treadmill and put it in my room today.  Typically after the kids go down for the night I would sit and watch tv until I fall asleep.  That's exactly what I wanted to do tonight.  I have shows that I need to get caught up on and shows I want to start watching.  Well I threw on a pair of shoes and jumped on the treadmill.  I started out with the setting of 3.0 mph and quickly learned that that is too fast.  So I decreased the speed down to 2.5 mph.  This in no means was easy for me because after 10 minutes I felt like I was on it for over an hour.  I was huffing and puffing just pushing forward.  Or as least trying to.  I needed to do something to get my mind off of my aching legs and burning lungs.  So I turned on the tv in my room, and pulled up hulu plus.  Now all I needed was to figure out what I wanted to watch...Once Upon a Time in Wonderland won the raffle there.   I put my ipad over the screen so I wasn't sitting there watching the time go by.  You know when you watch the clock it goes as slow as molasses.  I made it through the episode but barely.  As soon as that episode was over so was I. 

For dinner tonight I made a soup that I love, because we had a minor cold front come through.  When the winter hits I crave soup so soup I made.  It was Potato and Sausage Soup from Publix's Apron Meals. 

Potato Soup With Sausage

Ingredients: 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 lb chicken (or turkey) Italian sausage (2 links)
1 (48-oz) box reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
4 cups chopped kale greens (about 8 oz)
1/2 cup heavy cream

Prep
Slice onion. Halve potatoes, then slice thinly.
Remove casing from sausage (wash hands).Steps


Preheat large stock pot on medium 2–3 minutes. Place sausage in pan; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains.
Stir in onions; cook 1–2 minutes or until onions are softened. Stir in potatoes, broth, salt, seasoning, and kale; cook and stir 12–15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Puree soup lightly using stick blender (or potato masher) until smooth. Stir in cream; serve.

CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 180kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 40mg; SODIUM 740mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 11g; VIT A 100%; VIT C 60%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%

It came out to 11 WW points per serving.  But it was oh so good.  I need to learn to lighten up the meals a bit though.  I was reading that I could put 1 tsp of corn starch and 1 cup of fat free milk.  I'll have to try that next time along with actually using turkey or chicken sausage because I  used what I had and that was pork Italian sausage.  Breakfast for me was Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal with Fat Free milk.  Lunch not so good - it was sharing some popcorn chicken with my princess while we walked around Wal-Mart waiting for a prescription to be filled.  I managed to push off cravings while babysitting in the afternoon which was a HUGE step for me.  After I got off the treadmill I finished the day with some AMAZING sugar free homemade applesauce.  It hit the spot. 

As I close out the day my thoughts go to tomorrow when I weigh in and find out if I lost anything at all during the up and down week.

No comments:

Post a Comment