Friday, December 20, 2013

Goals Achieved!

Hey everyone!

Between the holiday season and with my husband being gone on business, I have been passing out at the end of the day without posting. My Bad. To top that, work has been insanely busy with the holiday season.  Tuesday my son had his Christmas play at school, so after work I rushed over to his Nana's to pick him up and take him to school for the play. Then it was dinner there afterwards - pizza.  Quick and easy. I usually gorge myself on pizza with 4-5 slices of meat lovers but instead I only had 3 pieces which me to was an accomplishment. Still not great but not 5 pieces either. I did get on the dreadmill (hehe-I read that the other day and it describes that exactly!) and pushed myself over 2 miles for 60 min.  Tuesday was also weigh in day. So my starting weight was 236.8 and I was dreading jumping on that scale because let's be honest I cheated a bit during the week. So I begrudgingly got on the scale this morning with my eyes closed. After 5 minutes I opened my eyes and to my surprise was weighing in at 231.6 lbs!!  That's over a little over a 5 lb loss!!!  I was doing the happy dance all morning.   


Than I stumbled on this picture on my tumblr account (you can follow me by searching simplyjacobs12). It's hard to visualize the weight you loose sometimes. Especially if it's just a pound or so. Any pounds lost are an accomplishment when you really sit down and think about it.   Now back to Tuesday night, I did order a pizza for after dance on Wednesday.  I know what you are thinking...."why in the hell would you do that?!?!"  We'll let me finish here, I order a medium thin crust Hawaiian pizza with light cheese and light sauce. One slice totals 6 WW points. (Username for WW is anjacobs84 if you want to be my buddy!) Plus after dance I need something quick to feed to youngins so I can get them in bed.  Dance went very well.  Fiona loves it so much and it's a great chance for her to gain some independence.  Tony came home on Wednesday (WoooHooo!) and the kids were so happy to see him. It's great having him home. It's so lonely when he's not here not to mention the kids go crazy. Sometime Wednesday I rolled my ankle so when I jumped on the dreadmill, it really started to bother me.  I made it through 25 minutes before I had to get off. But at least it was something. I took it easy on Thursday and didn't do anything strenuous so it heal. Maybe part of it was for my ankle to heal and the other part was that I didn't want to exercise that night. I'm going to go with the first possibility. 

With everything going on at work I was dreading getting up logging in but then on the way home from dropping Fiona off I seen this 

It was so beautiful that it brightened my day. Below are my trackers for the last 3 days: 

Wednesday was the best day out of all three. I'm on Day 10 now of my journey and there have been some bumps but I'm still on this journey.  Last night I made progress I think. Tony stopped by BK to get the kids a quick dinner because it was late and when he asked me if I wanted anything I hesitated but did say no. I SAID NO!!  In my mind I was doing the happy dance but it was a very hard word to say at that point. But it is a step and I rewarded that step with a new book from iTunes. 

On a side note the whether has been absolutely gorgeous down here.  It started to feel like winter just in time for Christmas. They are predicting 80's for the next 4 days though. Like I said I love the cooler weather so I hope it comes and goes as quickly as possible. Lol. 

Christmas is 5 days away!!!!  I'm so excited but there are so many presents that I have to wrap!  Everything is big and bulky so it's taking up ALOT of wrapping paper. I still need to get a few thing suck as stocking stuffers and baking ingridients. That's going to be another challenge for me. I always do a lot of baking for Christmas, cookies, candies, fudge, you name it.  This is going to be so hard because I have a very southern family and everything is somthered and covered at every holiday. I was thinking about eating before dinner but I don't want to hurt my grandmother's feelings because she will be the one spending all day cooking.  So that's out of the question. The problem still remains...how will I make it through Christmas?




No comments:

Post a Comment