Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 2 - Cooler Weather!

Old man winter has finally pushed the high pressure out of the way and the cooler weather has finally arrived!

I'm one of the weird Floridians I guess. I like the cooler weather. The heat and humidity is for the birds but I'm still here. Whether that is due to fear or family, we may never know. 

So today was a much better day as far as food was concerned. It seems to be getting easier as time goes on. 


 As a kid, my mom used to make us eat oatmeal at least once a week and I hated it. I was not a lover of the "paste" and even now it has to be made right or I won't eat it. I like to check out the Big Lots in my area because they have a wide variety of food and even had organic choices as well.  Luckily the food at mine is all in date. I found this oatmeal there. 

It is so good and healthy for you as well especially with the added flax. The convenient thing about this brand is the inside pouch. You pour the pouch in the bowl and instead of having to eye out the measurements for water, they actually have a measuring line on the pouch itself that you use. So you fill the water up to the line and it measures 2/3 cups and pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes and you are done. They have a lot of different flavors too. My favorite are the apple cinnamon and maple brown sugar. On the plus side the sugar level in this oatmeal isn't too high like it is in a lot of other brands.   For those to travel to the office, this is a great food choice for breakfast. 

I attempted my first official Weight Watchers recipe tonight for dinner. 

I was a little worried because of the balsamic vinager. I'm not a big fan of it at all. It is a little overwhelming to me. But this recipe made me wonder if I was trying the wrong recipes. This recipe brings out the sweetness of the Brussels. It was so good that I had to stop myself from picking at it while the other food was cooking. It is defiantly worth a try, even is you don't like brussel sprouts. 


I wanted to skip my walk today not because of the cooler weather per say but because I don't have any workout clothes for cooler weather. I sucked it up though and figured that I would warm up as soon as I increased my heart rate.  Today there was no running attempt. I still made it 1.84 miles but the longer I was out there the more painful it became. As I breathed in the cooler air it made my nose burn. I also came to the conclusion that I need to get better shoes and workout gear especially for the cooler weather. Now that I have that figured out, I need to find where I can buy some and not break my wallet. 

As far as my frustration for the day, I find myself struggling with late night snacking and willpower. I dot great all day and then 9 pm hits and I start wanting to munch on things. Are there any tips that you may have that can help with late night snacking and willpower?




3 comments:

  1. For workout clothes, I love Old Navy. As for night snacking drink water before you reach for anything and if you still want something just take a small ammount. One thing I have learned is that if you say anything is off limits you will eat too much of it at some point. I have a bag of lindor truffles and have only eaten 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess for the workout clothes idea. I'll have to check out old navy's clothes when I get the chance.

      Delete