Sunday, December 15, 2013

Frustrations abound

I know. I know.  Its been three days since my last post.  Nothing important happened during those three days.  Friday was great as far as food and exercise is concerned.  I made these amazing pancakes Friday morning.  Now I know what you are going to say. Pancakes?  Pancakes on a diet?  Yes, Pancakes on a diet and only 3 WW points each!  I got the recipe from an amazing blog.  After googling greek yogurt pancakes I stumbled across this recipe, Greek Yogurt Pancakes .  They were amazing and I am officially converted over to the greek yogurt pancakes craze.  Instead of the typical syrup that you poor over the pancakes that is oh so good but full of so much sugar that it can keep a toddler buzzing for hours, I drizzled 2 tbsp. of raw agave nectar on mine.  The perfect touch to amazing pancakes.  I chose blueberry as my flavor of choice. For lunch I pulled out a WW recipe for a ham quesadilla with added vegetables and it was just as good. 

As far as exercise is concerned, I have come to the conclusion that I am a wimp.  Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.  I hate pushing myself out of my comfort zone.  I decided that I was going to run a lap and walk a walk around my yard.  well it was a total of 5 minutes per lap.  I did run for 5 minutes a total of 3 laps but I kept cursing myself as I did.

See the weekend started out well...but that's as far as it went. 

You know when you mess up its hard not to let it ruin everything for you.  You try so hard to change bad habits but its those habits that are hard to break.  You can call it an addiction if you want. A food addiction.  Turns out that food addiction is an actual thing! They blame it on the refined sugars and enriched flour.   Scientists say that it can be worse than other addictions such as alcoholism or addiction to cigarettes.  The reasons why they say that it is worse is because unlike addictions to drugs, those addicted to food still have to eat.  You can read more on it here.  Whether I have it or not, I don't know but I have been struggling with food for a very long time.     


I found this list:

Am I a Food Addict?


To find out, answer the following questions as honestly as you can. 

  1. Have you ever wanted to stop eating and found you just couldn't? 
  2. Do you think about food or your weight constantly? 
  3. Do you find yourself attempting one diet or food plan after another, with no lasting success? 
  4. Do you binge and then "get rid of the binge" through vomiting, exercise, laxatives, or other forms of purging? 
  5. Do you eat differently in private than you do in front of other people? 
  6. Has a doctor or family member ever approached you with concern about your eating habits or weight? 
  7. Do you eat large quantities of food at one time (binge)? 
  8. Is your weight problem due to your "nibbling" all day long? 
  9. Do you eat to escape from your feelings? 
  10. Do you eat when you're not hungry? 
  11. Have you ever discarded food, only to retrieve and eat it later? 
  12. Do you eat in secret? 
  13. Do you fast or severely restrict your food intake? 
  14. Have you ever stolen other people's food? 
  15. Have you ever hidden food to make sure you have "enough"?
  16. Do you feel driven to exercise excessively to control your weight? 
  17. Do you obsessively calculate the calories you've burned against the calories you've eaten? 
  18. Do you frequently feel guilty or ashamed about what you've eaten? 
  19. Are you waiting for your life to begin "when you lose the weight"?
  20. Do you feel hopeless about your relationship with food?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you may be a food addict. You are not alone. FA offers hope through a real solution to food addiction
 

You can check out this link here. 

More than one of those questions, I answered yes to.  This would help explain my frustrations and failures.  But you have to use this information to help you not hinder you.  How can I use this to help me on my journey?

3 comments:

  1. okay, i'm obviously not a professional, but even by these standards, i'm a food addict. i love food. i eat lots of food. when eating dinner or out, i can eat more than a full grown man, and do on a regular basis. so i understand. but my suggestion (take it with a grain of salt) is to maybe try making a schedule. if you are a "snacker" then plan out your meals, and eat when it's that time. it'll be hard (trust me, i know, i did it when i had gd) but when i did that, the weight literally fell off me (which for a smaller frame is harder to do). they had me count carbs. for breakfast i could do 30g (but no dairy or fruit for breakfast. something high in protein). approximate every 2-3 hours until the next meal, i was to snack 15g, then lunch was 30g, then again every 2-3 hours a snack 15g, and dinner was 60g. i could basically anything, so long as i stuck to that. for snack, i would do cheezits, and measure them into snack baggies so that i knew how many i could eat, and didn't feel tempted to feel the whole bag. another thing i ate was cinnamon applesauce and string cheese. string cheese has no carbs but has protein. just some thoughts. it was really tough at first, but then it became much easier and seriously made a HUGE difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if i didn't say it already, i'm proud of you. i know this will not be an easy task, but i know it's a healthy one, and this journal will help you hold some accountability to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so much! That means a lot to me especially right now when it feels impossible. I appreciate the tips. Im going to make my snacks out in little baggies.

    ReplyDelete