Friday, January 31, 2014

And It Continues



Yes the funk continues. It took everything in my power to make myself get out of bed to go to work and take care of the kids and house. I'm going to be honest wight y'all it hasn't been easy for me this week.  I had all the intentions in the world to get my workouts in.  Everything starts with good intentions right?  Well it didn't happen. It was no ones fault but my own and I take responsibility for that. Good news is everything is beginning to straighten out and I am feeling more and more like my old self each day. I also have some other good news as well...
The pic on the left is the weekend before Christmas and the pic on the right is from yesterday when I had to go in the office. You can definitely see some progress there!  I can't tell in the mirror but seeing the pictures side by side helps me see what progress I've made.  Now my food choices weren't horrible but they could've been better.   I am incorporating a fruit or vegetable in each meal that I have throughout the day, even with the smart one meals.  I need to drink more water throughout the day and lay off of the drinks at night. I've been drinking a jack and coke each night to relax a bit after the long days so those calories don't help either.  I don't know if it is true that alcoholism runs in the genes or not but I know that I have to be careful because I could easily turn into one.  I feel it if I drink often, even if it's only at night.  So I am going to lay off the drinks for a little while. 


I tell you guys I am ready for the weather here to make up its mind!  I am located in the Tampa, Fl area and today it is 50. That is the warmest it has been all week  I mean it snowed in the panhandle for goodness sakes!  Now if it was cold and sunny then that would be better but nooooo it has to be cold and rainy.  So this weekend it's suppose to be back up in the 80's so we will see if that happens. Tomorrow is going to be the party for my daughter's 2nd birthday so I am hoping that the weather holds out. It's also going to be a challenge to eat a turkey burger instead of the bacon cheese burger and stay away from the typical party foods, chips, potato salad, baked beans and cake.  

Do you have any tips on making healthy choices at parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment