Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weigh-Day

Yesterday was weigh in day for me. I was nervous about getting on that scale again after what I seen last time but to my surprise I lost 1.4 lbs!
 I was happy with the loss because honestly you have to take each loss as a victory.   I am in a much better place than the other day.  I am also doing better when it comes to trigger foods and healthy choices.  I decided to take away some of the choices for me when it comes to food.  I went to Walmart and picked up the WW Smart Ones Meals.  The less choices I give myself at this point the better I think because I can plan out my day better.  

The first one I tried was their cookie dough sundae. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. 

The family was having brownie sundaes and obviously that was not conducive to my diet at all. So I pulled out this and it was the perfect substitute plus it was only 140 calories!  SCORE!  

With the kids back in school and my vacation being over, I was back at work which means lunch time was cut short. So I am making a point of having one of these meals a day for lunch because they are very filling. I usually add in either a salad or a piece fruit or veggies on the side if I need to. I'm debating on whether or not to get the breakfast because honestly the one that I had wasn't too good. :(. 

So old man winter finally came to FL and he showed up with a vengeance. I love the cooler the weather as much as the next person but when the weather gets too cold that I have to put on actual shoes it's a little overboard. Lol. So with the frigid weather I decided that I wanted to make a soup for dinner.  Now I love food network and I watch it constantly WHILE I'm on the tread mill. Lol so when a pop up from pioneer woman showed up in my fb feed I knew exactly what I was going to do for dinner.  

Now I am not a fan of vegetable soup because I don't like frozen vegetables in my soup or all those veggies in my...or so I thought!  Apparently I didn't have a good recipe for one ( sorry mom ).  When I see this picture I just immediately had a craving for this soup and decided that's what I was going to make.  

I lightened it up a bit with some ground sirloin instead of chuck and lower sodium beef broth for regular beef broth. Plus, for my family I only used 4 oz.  I also added kale and zuchinni because ... Well it was in the fridge and I love kale and zuchinni. Since my hubby was out of town, it was my two kids and I that I was cooking for so needless to say I sized down the recipe quite a bit.  I only used 3 red potatoes, half an onion, 1 celery, 3 small carrots, 3 small sweet peppers and 2 cloves of garlic.  Also the recipe calls for cayenne and I decided on crushed red pepper instead.  Now I suck as taking pictures so mine wasn't as pretty as hers.  

And yes that's a little piece of cornbread. Now this was a rib sticking meal that definitely warmed you from the inside out. And I'll be eating leftovers again tonight for dinner.  Want another great piece of info about this recipe? My trimmed down version was only 7 WW PP!  That's my kind of dinner.  

Afterglow eating off of vacation and having to go back to work, I didn't sleep well at all Tuesday night so after my dinner, all I wanted to do when the kids were tucked away in their bed was lay down and sleep. But in the back of my mind the nagging fit Girl was like "girl get yo ass on that treadmill!!"  Somehow I made it into my workout clothes and managed to get a 30 minute workout in while watching Chopped. It was only 30 minutes but I did it at 3 mph and I was practically falling off at the end of 30 minutes. 

Also I attend the University of Phoenix because I am trying to finish of my degree. I felt like I have been in school forever so I am anxious to get it completed. I want to have something to show with all the debt and stress I've dealt with. Now I was attending the University of South Florida but with my hubby doing all this traveling I can't be gone from the kids that much. Plus since I work from home now, the waer and tear on my vehicle isn't worth the 1.5 hour drive there and back. So I decided to go the online school route and am attending the University of Phoenix. One thing that I like about them is that I don't have to buy books because they are included in the price of the class. Also you take 1 class and it lasts for 5 weeks. There's a lot of writing, team work, and reading involved but it works out better for me.  Did I mention there's a TON of reading involved?  Lol. Due to the holidays and other financial reason I decided that I would take the holidays off so everything is now back in swing as of yesterday because the classes always start on Tuesday for some odd reason.  Not only is my vacation from work over with but also my vacation from school. So my class this month is management theory and practice....zzzzzz.  Lol I am going to have to mix up how I work on that and my blob to make sure that I get everything done. But it's doable. 

Have a good day everyone and remember don't shut out your inner fit girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment